jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: node versionning and children
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:46:20 GMT
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 23:05, Nicolas Brasseur
<nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer but it is still unclear to me,
>
> "A node is never automatically versioned ..." is it also true for nodes that have the
mixin 'versionable' ? Is it possible to modify such a node without doing a checkout/checkin
?

You need to add the mix:versionable mixin to be able to call the
checkout/checkin methods, if you call it on a non-versionable node
you'll get an exception. There is no automatic versioning apart
calling checkin().

Regards,
Alex

--