jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Phukan, Anit" <Anit_Phu...@intuit.com>
Subject OverlappingFileLockException
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:57:06 GMT

Hi,

Did anyone encounter the following exception while trying to work with
Jackrabbit on JBoss app server? It basically fails the service call the
second time I try to access the repository due to the presence of the
.lock file in the JBOSS_HOME\repository folder.

Please let me know if anyone knows a way to work around this.

11:46:32,746 WARN  [RepositoryImpl] Existing lock file at
C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\bin\
repository\.lock detected. Repository was not shut down properly.
11:46:32,746 ERROR [STDERR]
java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
11:46:32,746 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTabl
e.checkList(FileChannelImpl.java:1170)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTabl
e.add(FileChannelImpl.java:1072)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChanne
lImpl.java:878)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileCha
nnel.java:962)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.acq
uireRepositoryLock(RepositoryImpl.java:330)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<in
it>(RepositoryImpl.java:207)
11:46:32,762 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.cre
ate(RepositoryImpl.java:497)

Thanks
Anit