jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mihai Vasilache <mihai_vasila...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: User Managed Transactions...
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:27:50 GMT
I am also new to JackRabbit and i am using the same approach: manually attach the JCR XAResource
to the global transaction. For the database i am using JPA/Hibernate and hibernate is joining
the transaction automtically.
After searching o the mailing list archives i found that this is the correct approach unless
you are using a real ejb container, in that case you can access the JackRabbit as a JCA resource.

And i found this on the net: https://test.kuali.org/confluence/display/KULRICE/Replacing+JOTM+and+XAPool+with+Atomikos

Mihai

________________________________
From: Vibhu Sharma <vibhu@projectoffguard.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Thu, October 8, 2009 1:24:56 PM
Subject: Re: User Managed Transactions...

Hi
I have managed to Run MySQL and Jackrabbit(with Derby Persistence Manager)
wiht JOTM.
Following is the code snippet. This code makes the transactions atomic
across MySQL and Jackrabbit.

/******* code starts ******/
Context ctx = new InitialContext();

// JDBC stuff
DataSource ds =
    (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myDB");

UserTransaction ut =
(UserTransaction)ctx.lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction");

System.out.println("<<< beginning the transaction >>>");
ut.begin();

// get DB Connection
java.sql.Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

//getting repository instance
Repository repository =
(Repository)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jcr/repository");
Session session = repository.login(new
SimpleCredentials("user","user".toCharArray()));

// extract TransactionManager from DatasourceFactory.jotm
TransactionManager tmanager =
DataSourceFactory.jotm.getTransactionManager();

// extract the current Transaction from TransactionManager
Transaction trans = tmanager.getTransaction();

// attach the XAResource from Session to Transaction
trans.enlistResource(((XASession)session).getXAResource());

// Perform changes to repository
Node node = session.getRootNode();
node.addNode("node_to_be_added","base:dummy");

// ---------- call save() on Node ---> this is very Important
// without this the changes don't persist even on transaction.commit()
node.save();

// JDBC statements
// ...
// ...

// Rollback/commit on UserTransaction Object now makes changes in Both DB
and repository
// ut.rollback() or ut.commit()

// cleanup
session.logout();
conn.close()

The complete code for the JOTM tutorial with the Jackrabbit integration is
at :
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-User-Managed-Transactions-on-Tomcat-:-Please-Validate-the--Solution-td25771662.html

This may not be completely correct, as I am also new to JTA, but the
transactions done using this method are atomic.
Still searching for the standard solution

Thanks and hope this takes us a little fwd
Vibhu
.