jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering and FileSystems
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:48:20 GMT
Hi,

> The DBFileSystem should never be shared, afaik.

I wouldn't say "never". I would say "generally, file system shouldn't
be shared".

You can also create a private (non-shared) DbFileSystem if you use a
different schemaObjectPrefix for each cluster node. You don't need a
LocalFileSystem.

> If I do need to switch to a LocalFileSystem

You don't need to.

> can the LocalFileSystem easily be recreated (e.g. by re-registering node types, namespaces,
etc) if it is deleted? Without invalidating existing content?

Yes. For example you could copy the files from another cluster node
that is still running.

Regards,
Thomas