jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many sessions remain unclosed
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:30:40 GMT
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Radu Ana-Maria <radu.anna@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm working with: jackrabbit 1.5.6 + postgresql 8.4 , and i found a little
> problem in my code with unclosed session even if i do session.logout() for
> each new session.
>
> for example:
>
> *sessionPPL = repository.login(credentials);
>  workspaceList = sessionPPL.getWorkspace().getAccessibleWorkspaceNames();
>
> for (String x : workspaceList ) {
>   sessionInUse = repository.login(credentials, x);
>   // and here i do something else.. like add some nodes etc.
>  sessionInUse .save();
> sessionInUse .logout();
> }
> sessionPPL .logout();*
>
> and when i open the postgreSQL admin i see that i have more then 80 session
> opend and not closed by jackrabbit.

you have ~80 (or ~40, dependening on your configuration) workspaces.
the db sessions you're seeing are per workspace. they're not associated
with any particular jcr session.

> --  sessionInUse .logout(); must stop the session opend in postgreSQL? or
> not? if not, how can i stop this sessions from postgreSQL.

you can configure a maxIdleTime per workspace. workspaces idling
longer than the specified value will be closed automatically and
resources released,

see http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Workspaceconfiguration

otoh, your code sample looks kind of strange:

 for (String x : workspaceList ) {
   sessionInUse = repository.login(credentials, x);
   // ...
 }

why do you do the same operations on all workspaces.
you might consider redesigning your content model
by reducing the number of workspaces.

cheers
stefan