jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Muguet Bradbury" <M.Bradb...@fortent.com>
Subject RE: Memory issues with jackrabbit/lucene
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:51:31 GMT
I wanted to let everyone know how we solved this memory issue with our
jackrabbit repository.

As was stated earlier in the thread, previously we stored all of our
large documents as custom properties on the jackrabbit node.  We did not
use jcr:mimeType or jcr:data.  The indexing of these string properties
were filling up the memory, and the CPU was thrashing attempting to keep
up with indexing on these documents.

The change we made was to store the documents in the jcr:data property
of a leaf node, with a jcr:mimeType of application/octet-stream.  This
turned off the indexing and our application is much happier now.

Thanks for all your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com] 
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 8:48 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Memory issues with jackrabbit/lucene

Yes, wiki.apache.org is down. http://monitoring.apache.org/status/
gives red for eos.apache.org. So we all have to wait a moment until
it's up again.

Regards,
Alex

-- 
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
______________________________________________________________________

Mime
View raw message