jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrass...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: node versionning and children
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:05:05 GMT
Thanks for the answer but it is still unclear to me,

"A node is never automatically versioned ..." is it also true for nodes that have the mixin
'versionable' ? Is it possible to modify such a node without doing a checkout/checkin ?

N.

----- Original Message ----
From: Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>
To: Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com>; users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2009 10:06:57 PM
Subject: Re: node versionning and children

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 21:18, Nicolas Brasseur
<nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, It seems that what you point refers more to : "is created a new version of the children
when the parent is updated". My question was more : is it possible to have a versionable node
only "versioned" when changing a property and not when adding a node ?

A node is never automatically versioned: to create a new version, the
application must call checkin. And a node must be checked-out to be
modified (= adding/removing child nodes or writing properties).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek