jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: PM concurrency issues
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:27:38 GMT

On 5 Oct 2009, at 10:47, Andrey Adamovich wrote:

> Hi guys!
>

> I have recently created an issue about concurrency problems with
> Oracle PM: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2345
>
> But this seems to be a long running issue with JR as in this issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314

> ) Jukka says:
>
> "Note that without solving the concurrency issues in persistence
> managers (both db and bundle) we're still stuck with fully serialized
> backend access. But this is one step in the correct direction; the
> second step would be to start removing the synchronization on the
> persistence managers."

I would be interested to know if this is still a problem with the DB
based PM's in general ?
Are there any other PM's out there suitable for production work that
dont have a DB as a bottleneck, because AFAICT, each PM has 1 DB
connection serializing the writes to the DB?
A more sophisticated DB PM might have worker threads to increase
throughput ?

Lots of questions, no answers (sorry)

Ian