jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stevens, Tom" <Tom.Stev...@acs-inc.com>
Subject jackrabbit standalone as windows service
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 20:27:18 GMT
I am attempting to implement the jackrabbit 1.6 standalone jar as a
Windows Service.  I can run it from the Windows command line without
issue and can access the repository as expected, but this has the
limitation of remaining logged on to the Windows server console. I have
tried using JavaService.exe and sc.exe but have had limited success.
With JavaService.exe I am able to specify the Main class in the
jackrabbit standalone jar file and successfully create the service and
access the repository via http, however my goal is to access via RMI and
this does not seem to work when I create the Windows service.  Also,
since shutting down the standalone jackrabbit server cleanly requires a
"ctrl-c" from the command line I am unsure what to pass to
JavaService.exe as a stop command to ensure a clean shutdown of the
server process.  Using sc.exe appears to work and the jackrabbit.log
file looks like it has successfully started yet I am unable to access
the repository via http OR RMI in this case.

Any suggestions from someone who has accomplished this successfully
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tom Stevens