jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Handling of InvalidItemStateException
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:48:41 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Andrey Adamovich
<andrey.adamovich@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have already tried using an additional locking scheme in order
> to avoid InvalidItemStateException, and it removed most of collisions
> actually, but it still seems to not always help, espiecially if there are
> more users assccing the system :(.
>
> Do you know of any other possible reasons?

Are you using session- or open-scoped locks? There's an old open issue
[1] about session-scoped locks not working across cluster nodes.

> The type of update where we usually get such exception is when a node has
> a number children, and one thread removes one child, and another thread
> adds another child, then there is a chance to get the InvalidItemStateException
> for the parent node at some point (and we do get that).

Automatic merging of such changes should already be supported since
Jackrabbit 1.2 [2]. Do you use same-name siblings? The merging code
from JCR-584 does not work if the child nodes all have the same name.

BR,

Jukka Zitting