jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: many sessions remain unclosed
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:26:07 GMT

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Radu Ana-Maria <radu.anna@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working with: jackrabbit 1.5.6 + postgresql 8.4 , and i found a little
> problem in my code with unclosed session even if i do session.logout() for
> each new session.
> [...]
> and when i open the postgreSQL admin i see that i have more then 80 session
> opend and not closed by jackrabbit.

Jackrabbit keeps a long-lived database connection for each workspace.
That connection is shared among any number of JCR sessions that access
the same workspace, so it is not considered a part of the resources
associated with the JCR session.

For example, if you open N connections to the same workspace, you'll
only see one backend database connection open.

Those workspace database connections will be closed when the entire
repository gets closed.

Note that the ongoing database connection pooling work targeted for
Jackrabbit 2.0 will include a mechanism that will automatically close
those backend connections once they've been unused for a while.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message