jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workspaces, multiple repositories
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:01:07 GMT
Thanks Fabian.  That helps quite a bit.  I still have a question about
the purpose of workspaces, as per the concept of branches.  See my
comment below.

2009/10/28 Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelbaum@gmail.com>:
> Branches, revision/version history, etc. are concepts that come from
> version control systems (like cvs, svn, etc.) are you familiar with
> those?

Sure, I'm familiar with those.  But I thought Guo meant that
workspaces should be used for branches, which to me sounds like I, as
a developer, am supposed to use a workspace to create the effect of
"branches".  This sounds strange to me because I know that the JCR
handles Version Control for me, so why would I have to use workspaces
to do branches?