jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workspaces, multiple repositories
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 23:42:48 GMT
> From previous discussion in the maillist, workspace was designed for
> use case such as branches. Different workspaces share version history
> in a repository.

Branches?  Can you give me an example of what a branch is?

Also, I don't understand what the significance of your comment about
version history?  Can you elaborate on how that pertains to the use
case I describe.

> For you case, single or multiple repository may meet your multi-client
> requirement. But workspace is not for this case.

So, if I used a single repository to serve several apps, then how
would I separate the content space of the different apps -- since the
apps could easily be using the same names, it seems that they would
have to have separation.  Are you suggesting that each app would have
it's own branch of the node tree?