jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject workspaces, multiple repositories
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:05:36 GMT
Hey.

I'm in the design phase of a project.  I'm going to use the JCR as my
persistence for a content management system.  In our production
environment, we will have several instances of the CMS application
running.  Let's say that each of these instances is for a dedicated
client hosted environment.  We're planning to deploy Jackrabbit as a
independent server.  My question is whether it makes sense to use the
same Jackrabbit server for all of the separate instances of our
application.  If so, would it make sense to use workspaces for each
connecting app, similar to using separate User/Schemas for each app
connecting to an Oracle instance.

If I'm obviously lacking some fundamental info, feel free to advise.
I have read the online Jackrabbit docs, as well as the JCR spec, so I
kind of know what's going on.

Thanks,
Chad