jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay K Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject should we have mixin type or add new non mandatory properties to the primary type node
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 03:03:13 GMT
Hello Users,

We have been using JackRabbit in production env from last couple of years (currently 1.5)
and we have around 5 million nodes in the repository.

We have come across a new business rule in our system where we have to add couple of  "new
properties" on some specific condition to any new node that we add to the repository.

My question is should we go ahead and have a mixin type for this or add these properties as
non mandatory to the primary node type.

Any advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Vijay