jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Brian Wallis <brian.wal...@infomedix.com.au>
Subject queries and nodes with large properties
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:05:59 GMT
I'm new to Jackrabbit and JCR-170. This may be a FAQ or just obvious
but I couldn't find an answer in the mailing list

In our application we store a number of metadata properties about an
object and the object itself. The objects can be large (images,
documents, AVIs, etc). In a lot of UI usecases when we do a query we
do not want the object itself, just the values of the various
properties associated with it. These are then displayed in lists on
the UI and the user may select one of these at which point the object
is required.

Does Jackrabbit do this efficiently? Does it just fetch and return the
expicitly requested properties of a node or will it load all of the
node properties every time.

thanks,

Brian Wallis
InfoMedix | Development Lead
p: 3 8615 4553 | f: 3 8615 4501
e: brian.wallis@infomedix.com.au
Level 5, 451 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000