jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrass...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fw: node versionning and children
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 12:19:41 GMT
Ok, thanks for the answer. On last question:

Does adding mix:versionable mixin force you to always checkin/checkout a node to modify it
(and thus create a new version) or is it possible to modify such node without creating a new
version ?

thanks again for your help

N.

----- Original Message ----
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org; Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2009 11:46:20 PM
Subject: Re: node versionning and children

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 23:05, Nicolas Brasseur
<nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer but it is still unclear to me,
>
> "A node is never automatically versioned ..." is it also true for nodes that have the
mixin 'versionable' ? Is it possible to modify such a node without doing a checkout/checkin
?

You need to add the mix:versionable mixin to be able to call the
checkout/checkin methods, if you call it on a non-versionable node
you'll get an exception. There is no automatic versioning apart
calling checkin().

Regards,
Alex

--