jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Relationship between IndexConfiguration and XPATH Search Queries
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:33:58 GMT

I am trying to determine the relationship between using indexConfiguration
file (to support custom indexing) and trying to retrieve items using XPATH
that uses attributes that is not defined in the indexConfiguration file.

Our thinking  is, XPATH queries should only contain attributes that are
being indexed? Only then will search return results.  Is our thinking
correct?

We have an index configuration file that indexes on attributes A, B, C, D of
a custom defined node. This node also has other attributes E, F and G. When
we make a call to retrieve items from the repository, sometimes we build an
XPATH using attributes E, F,G exclusively.

We expected the retrieve call to fail. On the contrary, results come back.

Can someone clarify if our assumption about indexConfiguration file and
XPATH correct?