jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Re: Inconsistent search results
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:05:31 GMT



pkrishna wrote:
> 
> On and off we find that searching nodes using properties in the node
> returns erractic results. In some cases we get results back while in other
> cases and other times no results are returned. Example:
> 
> We have a node A that has a child B. Now B has some properties and we use
> XPATH to search for B based on B's properties. We know the node B exists
> in the repository since that was just saved. We do a search like below:
> We are still not sure why there is inconsistent results but one thing we
> did notice was @ecr:contentLocation and @jcr:mimeType was not part of
> indexConfiguration file that was located in the default directory and this
> file was pointed to by an entry in workspace.xml. Our thinking was that
> query to XPATH should only contain parameters that are being indexed.
> 
> To be sure this was the cause of the problem, we added both the attribute
> to the indexConfiguration file, removed all indexes, cleared all database
> entries and re-ran the test. Sure enough, we were able to retrieve the the
> single content item that matched all the parameters of the query.
> 
> We then removed the 2 attrbutes from the indexConfiguration file (cleared
> the indexes and database) and re-ran the test anitipating the retrieve to
> fail. But now, contrary to what we thought, we are still able to retrieve
> the content item.
> 
> So we are not sure why we are able to retrieve the item when it should
> not.
> 
> So is our thinking correct- that is, XPATH queries should only contain
> parameters that are being indexed? If this is true, are there all files
> that should be removed besides clearing the indexes and database entries?
> If indexes defined in  the indexConfiguration file don't determine the
> what results are obtained, is there any other reason for  inconsistent
> results.
> 
> Regarding the log file, I am not sure which log file we are talking about
> and where would they normally be located.
> 
>  //ecr:variant[
> 		 @ecr:documentState!='deleted' 
> 		 and @ecr:language='00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000003' 
> 		 and @ecr:namespace='ffcccf3d-e2f2-03a6-daf7-38415f9bddda' 
> 		 and @ecr:author='author' 
> 		 and @ecr:title='2d970d0f-d051-4cc0-849e-ec311a770ac1' 
> 		 and @ecr:contentType='GENERIC' 
> 		 and @ecr:contentLocation='Internal' 
> 		 and @jcr:mimeType='text/plain']
> 
> where node B pertains ecr:variant and we expect to get the most recent
> variant (since we implement versioning of this node)
> 
> I now have a case where if I clean the database and the indexes on my
> local box and run the above query I always get the node back. In other
> instances, for some reason we can't retrieve the same node using the same
> query. The results come back empty. The only way we can get past this
> problem is to, as stated earlier, clear the indexes and database contents
> and re-run the query and then we get the results as expected. This works
> when testing in a local environment but not in a server environement where
> many clients are trying to get the node using the above query.
> 
> Is there a way to get past the above problem without having to delete
> indexes or clear database contents/
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Inconsistent-search-results-tp26032173p26086672.html
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message