jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Inconsistent search results
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:38:50 GMT

On and off we find that searching nodes using properties in the node returns
erractic results. In some cases we get results back while in other cases and
other times no results are returned. Example:

We have a node A that has a child B. Now B has some properties and we use
XPATH to search for B based on B's properties. We know the node B exists in
the repository since that was just saved. We do a search like below:

 //ecr:variant[
		 @ecr:documentState!='deleted' 
		 and @ecr:language='00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000003' 
		 and @ecr:namespace='ffcccf3d-e2f2-03a6-daf7-38415f9bddda' 
		 and @ecr:author='author' 
		 and @ecr:title='2d970d0f-d051-4cc0-849e-ec311a770ac1' 
		 and @ecr:contentType='GENERIC' 
		 and @ecr:contentLocation='Internal' 
		 and @jcr:mimeType='text/plain']

where node B pertains ecr:variant and we expect to get the most recent
variant (since we implement versioning of this node)

I now have a case where if I clean the database and the indexes on my local
box and run the above query I always get the node back. In other instances,
for some reason we can't retrieve the same node using the same query. The
results come back empty. The only way we can get past this problem is to, as
stated earlier, clear the indexes and database contents and re-run the query
and then we get the results as expected. This works when testing in a local
environment but not in a server environement where many clients are trying
to get the node using the above query.

Is there a way to get past the above problem without having to delete
indexes or clear database contents/
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Inconsistent-search-results-tp26032173p26032173.html
Sent from the Jackrabbit - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message