jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Re: Date Property Performance in 1.6
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:33:46 GMT

The way I tested this was to startup my repository, then create a group of
threads. Each thread would open a session and run the query. I did it this
way to simulate our webapp since every request coming into the webapp
creates a new jackrabbit session.

I re-ran the queries with 20 threads, so the query is being called 20 times
nearly simultaneously. The results still look the same.

1.5 = 13.3 seconds to run all 20 queries
1.6 = 36 seconds to run all 20 queries

I've run the test with up to 100 threads and the results only get worse as
more threads are added.

I also ran a seperate test (without threads) where the queries are run
sequentially instead of simultaneously.

1.5 = 19.3 seconds to run all 20 queries sequentially
1.6 = 51.1 seconds to run all 20 queries sequentially

In both the 1.5 and 1.6 sequential test, I only saw a minor performance
improvement in query time from query #1 to #2. But queries #2 to #20 all had
the same query times. I am assuming that all the caching has warmed up after
the first query.