jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dean Jones <dean.m.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering and FileSystems
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:36:21 GMT
Hi Alex,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 15:27, Dean Jones <dean.m.jones@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Where did you get the information that the journal depends on the
> FileSystem? And node types?

I'm going off the Javadoc here:

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.5/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/journal/DatabaseJournal.RevisionTableJanitor.html

Specifically: "Class for maintaining the revision table. This is only
useful if all JR information except the search index is in the
database (i.e., node types etc). In that case, revision data can
safely be thrown away from the JOURNAL table."

I interpret this to mean that the node types need to be in the
database; is that right?

> The FileSystem is a legacy component that is (was) used only by
> certain persistence managers.

I thought that, irrespective of the persistance manager, the
repository still needs a FileSystem for storing namespaces and node
type definitions, no?

Dean.