jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dean Jones <dean.m.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clustering and FileSystems
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:27:01 GMT
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@day.com> wrote:

> The lucene search index will always use the os file system directly
> ("index" subdirectory of the workspace) and does not depend on the
> Jackrabbit FileSystem config.
>
> The DBFileSystem should never be shared, afaik. Use a LocalFileSystem.
>
> See also http://markmail.org/message/kt4z2oveid2ys5qr

Thanks for the info Alex. One thing that concerns me about switching
to a LocalFileSystem is that I have the
DatabaseJournal.RevisionTableJanitor enabled, to clean the journal DB
tables. The Javadoc for this class states:

"Class for maintaining the revision table. This is only useful if all
JR information except the search index is in the database (i.e., node
types etc). In that case, revision data can safely be thrown away from
the JOURNAL table."

If I switch to using a LocalFileSystem, then file system information
about node types etc is no longer being stored in the database; do you
know if this will break the RevisionTableJanitor ?

Dean.