jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Shoener" <mshoe...@softwareapps.net>
Subject RE: What is allowed in the name of a property
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:08:14 GMT
I found out what I was doing wrong.

When saving the document into the repository you must ISO9075.encode() the
property name if it contains characters that need to be escaped (space,
pound sign, etc).

But you must also escape the same property name with the same
ISO9075.encode() when querying the repository.

Thanks for all of the help.

Best Regards,

Michael Shoener
Support Staff
Software Application Services, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Shoener [mailto:mshoener@softwareapps.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:22 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: What is allowed in the name of a property

Is there any way to escape the name of a property so it will be stored
properly and be able to be searched when querying the repository.

I tried using the "ISO9075.encode" function on the property name when saving
the document in the repository but it does not seem to help.

I tried querying using the original property name and the encoded name and
still no results in the query.