jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Blessed Sakwe <blessed.sa...@adorsys.com>
Subject Re: Help with implementing domain object nodeType
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:51:51 GMT
I guess you are right, I should have been more specific. I am not sure
how much specificity is required since this is my first project with
JCR and I consider it a test drive. This is what I would like to
achieve and please feel free to break it open and let me know what I
am doing wrong. I will like to use the JCR in two ways. First as a
simple data storage where all products information including their
images will be stored.  Since security will be implemented at the
application level using spring 2.0, all I would like to have is a way
of storing my users information into this JCR and provide access
through a business service to the front end.  The second part is
provide the owners of the application access to this repository
through a web layer for them to add and remove and update some
repository information. But all that will be done through a service
layer also. Like I said earlier, I got everything set up and have some
custom nodes registered to the nodeType Registry using springmodules
0.9. I am using JcrMappingTemplate persistence layer to access the
repository but I guess what I do not understand is how to actually
proceed from there.

I have read information in this list about unstructured vs
hierarchical model. My understanding is that hierarchical model is
advantageous in the sense that it  provides for integration with
certain technologies that are already out there. But how do I go about
making this happen?

On Oct 2, 2009, at 2:56 AM, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 06:41, Blessed Sakwe
> <blessed.sakwe@adorsys.com> wrote:
>> If not can some one help me out with a solution of how one can
>> implement a
>> repository that stores User information that could be used as an
>> ACL...
>
> Did you take a look at the ACL and user management features of JCR 2.0
> [1]? Jackrabbit 2.0 will be releases soon (you can already look at the
> 2.0-alpha releases) and will fully support JCR 2.0.
>
> Otherwise, regarding your content model, I think you have to ask more
> specific questions.
>
> [1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283
>
> Regards,
> Alex