jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andrey Adamovich <andrey.adamov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Node.remove performance for combination of bundled OraclePersistenceManager
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:05:00 GMT
Hi guys!

Does any of you have any experience with using OraclePersistneceManager and its performance
on extremely large node set?

We have 2 setups to compare: 1st is our local test environment with about 300,000 bundles
stored in DEFAULT_BUNDLE table (we use only one workspace called "default"), and 2nd is pre-production
system (which I don't have access to, but I can analyse the logs) with 50,000,000 records
in the same table.

The problem is that node removal (removed node usualy contains from 50 to 100 subnodes) takes
from 6 to 10 seconds on 2nd system and is always below 300 miliseconds on 1st system which
by the way is a virtual environment.

Can anyone give any advice on what could be done about that?

Best regards,
Andrey Adamovich