jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Andrey Adamovich <andrey.adamov...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PM concurrency issues
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:50:43 GMT
Is this than a major issue for JR 1.+ versions?

 Andrey

________________________________
From: Ian Boston <ieb@tfd.co.uk>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 5 October, 2009 13:27:38
Subject: Re: PM concurrency issues

On 5 Oct 2009, at 10:47, Andrey Adamovich wrote:

> Hi guys!
>

> I have recently created an issue about concurrency problems with Oracle PM: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2345
>
> But this seems to be a long running issue with JR as in this issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314)
Jukka says:

> "Note that without solving the concurrency issues in persistence
> managers (both db and bundle) we're still stuck with fully serialized
> backend access. But this is one step in the correct direction; the
> second step would be to start removing the synchronization on the
> persistence managers."

I would be interested to know if this is still a problem with the DB based PM's in general
?
Are there any other PM's out there suitable for production work that dont have a DB as a bottleneck,
because AFAICT, each PM has 1 DB connection serializing the writes to the DB?
A more sophisticated DB PM might have worker threads to increase throughput ?

Lots of questions, no answers (sorry)

Ian

> We are using JR 1.5.5 and I haven't noticed any big changes in JR's SVN till version
1.6.0. So this is still an issue?

> Am I right? Or is there a possible solution to that? Anything I can do about this? Will
removing syncronisation blocks from Oracle PM be very dangerous step?