jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Shoener" <mshoe...@softwareapps.net>
Subject Custom node or mixin added to existing node
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 21:05:03 GMT
I am trying to figure out the best way to store my custom metadata in our
repository.

In our application we want to allow users to create custom named tag/value
pairs that will get stored with the document in the repository as
properties.

I have tried using a mixin but when searching I have to search on my mixin
type not the nt:resource (which contains the binary data) because the
nt:resource does not contain my custom property values and they don't get
returned with the query. But when I do that I can't query the binary content
of the node because my query is searching against my custom mixin type I
created.

Do I need to define a custom node type that extends nt:resource and allow
arbitrary property value (if this is even possible).

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Michael Shoener
Support Staff