jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From simer anand <simer.anan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i add new users and store them in repository
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:49:20 GMT
Hello Amjed,

                            Thanks for replying.

                             I have being trying what ever you guided to me
about UserManager class and adding users.

I have done a bit on this and this time facing some problem that is i
created a java class which implements the UserManager but i' m not bale to
make class file of it/compile it.  I  h've attached the java file with the
mail  please have a look. I'm new to this & i' m sure i must have missed
something out of this.

Following are the bugs.

[sda_tr1@cad44 ~/Desktop]$ javac SuserManager.java
SuserManager.java:12: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable userId
location: class SuserManager
       if(this.userService.exists(userId)){
                                  ^
SuserManager.java:12: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable userService
location: class SuserManager
       if(this.userService.exists(userId)){
              ^
SuserManager.java:13: cannot find symbol
symbol  : constructor AuthorizableExistsException()
location: class
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.AuthorizableExistsException
           throw new AuthorizableExistsException();
                 ^
SuserManager.java:16: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable userId
location: class SuserManager
           user = this.userService.create(userId,password);
                                          ^
SuserManager.java:16: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable userService
location: class SuserManager
           user = this.userService.create(userId,password);
                      ^
5 errors

These were the bugs and i have one more question in my mind that is  if we
are able to imply this custom UserManager class then  what would be the
changes in the behaviour of the reopsitory.
Means we have to put some user and password string in the repository.xml and
after that we can use only those usernames and passwords for accessing the
repository.

Thanks
simer