jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From simer anand <simer.anan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: providing authorized access to users in repository
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 07:17:54 GMT
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Mihai Vasilache
<mihai_vasilache@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Actually i implemented the security using capability model instead ACL in
> my application. I will send later some details.
> The ideea is that you must understand jaas first (not so easy because there
> is not so much documentation), then you must implement an
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.AccessManager
>
> a good start with some examples: http://www.jaasbook.com/
>
> Mihai

Hello Mihai and Users,

                                    1.   Actually i started with JAAS
authentication only and also implemented it into my repository and after
that i tried to use Jaas authorization and then i was asked  to follow ACL
thing and which i found new and bit difficult .
So can you please guide  me how to do it (the authorization thing) and what
about capability model ?

                                     2.     Another thing is i want to add a
feature of *add and store new users account into jackrabbit *and want to
know how it can be done. I' m using Jaas based authentication.

Thanks for any following reply