jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: problems configuring jackrabbit indexing for full serach
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:33:18 GMT
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 19:51, Michael Planamente
<MikePlanamente@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have some problems to configure the jackrabbit indexing in order to make
> some full search queries...
>
> I added a searchIndex to the workspace tag and some parameters(path...)
> but, when I try to make an xpath query like this one, nothing returns!  any
> clue? everithing seems to be correct.
>
> //element(*,nt:resource)[jcr:contains(@jcr:data,'HTML')]   (I also tried
> '*HTML*',  '%HTML%'  and also jcr:LIKE...)
>
> can you confirm that by default(without specifying indexingConfiguration
> param) all the properties of all nodes are indexed?

AFAIK, yes. Some possible problems:

1) Did you change the workspace.xml config? (repository.xml will only
apply for newly created workspaces)
2) If you have changed the config, ie. enabled search, after the
content was already present, it won't be indexed. You need to delete
the search index directory (workspaces/<workspace>/index normally).
3) The default html text extractor will skip html tags AFAIK, so
searching for HTML won't yield results. Try some of the text inside
html.
4) Did you try //element(*, nt:resource)[jcr:contains(., 'searchterm')] ?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek