jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Query mixin and nt:resource nodes
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:11:22 GMT
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 16:16, Michael Shoener
<mshoener@softwareapps.net> wrote:
> I have the following query:
>
>        //element(*, hfs:fileInfo)[jcr:contains(., 'example')]
>
> It returns all matching nodes because it searches on all properties AND the
> file content itself.
>
> I really only want to query on the file contents alone (the data contained
> in the file) so I tried the following but it does not return any values:
>
>        //element(*, hfs:fileInfo)[jcr:contains(jcr:data, 'example')]
>
> Am I missing something in my query?

Did you try jcr:contains(@jcr:data, 'example') ?

And for binary data the extraction depends on the file type and if
there is an appropriate text extractor available. Finally, if it's a
larger document (or many text extractions have to happen at the same
time), the extraction is queued and not immediately available after
session.save().

Regards,
Alex

--