jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Register new Node-Types in Jackrabbit 1.6.0
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:28:29 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 15:31, Gamba<holger.breuer@handelshof.de> wrote:
> I saw that JackrabbitNodeTypeManager is deprecated in 1.6.0.
> Have I use NodeTypeManagerImpl to register my own node-types?
>
> What String must I use for the content-type:
>
> NodeTypeManagerImpl manager = (NodeTypeManagerImpl)
>  session.getWorkspace().getNodeTypeManager();
>
> if (!manager.hasNodeType("hmg:folder") && !manager.hasNodeType("hmg:file"))
> {
>        manager.registerNodeTypes(is, "1");
>       // with 1.5 the number "1"  was ...
> JackrabbitNodeTypeManager.TEXT_X_JCR_CND
> }

As noted on the deprecation javadoc: "This interface will be replaced
by the standard JCR 2.0 API in Apache Jackrabbit 2.0." This is because
in JCR 1.0, the NodeTypeManager interface only allowed for node type
discovery. JCR 2.0 [1] (and hence Jackrabbit 2.0) will introduce
standardized node type registration and unregistration [2]. This will
not include a direct API for XML or CND node type file import, but
this will be part of the jackrabbit-spi-commons library.

Nonetheless, it will still be supported in 1.x it will still be
supported, it's only deprecated.

See also JCR-2161 [3].

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283
[2] https://jsr-283.dev.java.net/source/browse/jsr-283/src/java/javax/jcr/nodetype/NodeTypeManager.java?view=markup