jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Does not retain order of child nodes on Orderable nodes when calling Node.update(srcWorkspace)
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:00:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 09:53, cedric mailleux<cedric.mailleux@jahia.com> wrote:
> When I update a node in my workspace B with node.update(workspaceA), all the
> properties/ node added-deleted are well propagated but the order of the
> childs is not keeping the order from the source workspace.

>From looking at the javadocs and the spec (both jsr170 and jsr283
final draft), I can't find that it is explicitly mentioned whether
ordering should be supported upon node update/merge or not. But
following common sense, if the parent node is defined as orderable,
this should be the case, regardless how the child nodes are created or
updated.

Could you file a bug for that?

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/issue-tracker.html

Regards,