jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Calculate total disk usage by workspace
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:17:10 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Michael
Shoener<mshoener@softwareapps.net> wrote:
> We are currently evaluating the Jackrabbit content repository and are
> wondering if there is any easy way to determine disk usage on a per
> workspace basis?

This is hard to do for the generic case. It will be simple if you use
a "simple" configuration that stores everything inside a workspace
directory (embedded db persistence manager, no datastore, standard
search index, no clustering), as you could simple measure that
directory.

For the other cases, here are some things to note from the top of my head:
- persistence is configuration dependent
- database persistence manager could connect to a remote db, making
counting local disk space hard
- a datastore (if used) can share binaries, even between workspaces
and/or repositories
- clustering adds (small) additional data through its journal

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek