jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Shoener" <mshoe...@softwareapps.net>
Subject RE: Calculate total disk usage by workspace
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:33:04 GMT
We were looking to use the DataStore to be able to store files on the file
system.

Is there any way to query for all files and file sizes stored via that
specific workspace?

We could then total up the size of all of the files to estimate total disk
space used.

Best Regards,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:17 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Calculate total disk usage by workspace

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Michael Shoener<mshoener@softwareapps.net>
wrote:
> We are currently evaluating the Jackrabbit content repository and are
> wondering if there is any easy way to determine disk usage on a per
> workspace basis?

This is hard to do for the generic case. It will be simple if you use a
"simple" configuration that stores everything inside a workspace directory
(embedded db persistence manager, no datastore, standard search index, no
clustering), as you could simple measure that directory.

For the other cases, here are some things to note from the top of my head:
- persistence is configuration dependent
- database persistence manager could connect to a remote db, making counting
local disk space hard
- a datastore (if used) can share binaries, even between workspaces and/or
repositories
- clustering adds (small) additional data through its journal

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek