jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Phukan, Anit" <Anit_Phu...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: recursive XPath in jackrabbit...
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:38:55 GMT
Thanks Alex,

So is it advisable to use the DBFileBased system wherein we write our
objects to specific nodes on a DB file system, and add properties later
on as opposed to actually creating tables for nodes and properties?

Which is more efficient?

Regards
Anit

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Klimetschek [mailto:aklimets@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:33 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: recursive XPath in jackrabbit...

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 17:45, Phukan, Anit <Anit_Phukan@intuit.com>
wrote:
> Could someone please let me know how I can map my objects to actual
> RDBMS tables in the form of a nodes table and required number of
> properties tables?

The standard db persistence managers define their own specific &
optimized database schema and don't allow for an arbitrary mapping.

Jukka once created a bridge for the _opposite_ direction, mapping an
existing JCR as tables in a JDBC driver:
http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jdbc2jcr.html

Regards,
Alex

--