jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paul Skinner <shedloadsofb...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Unable to import content using mixins
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:26:21 GMT

Hi stefan,

I meant that the cnd file to generate the custom_nodes.xml contained, for example, the following
snippet, but the mixin (MyPrefix:MyMixin) was not used by the node type definition (MyPrefix:MyNodeType)
at this stage.

  [MyPrefix:MyMixin] > nt:base
    - 'MyPrefix:Name' (String)
      mandatory copy
  [MyPrefix:MyNodeType] > nt:base, mix:lockable, mix:referenceable, mix:versionable
    - 'MyPrefix:Description' (String)
    + * (MyPrefix:MyChild)
      = MyPrefix:MyChild
Instead it was used at runtime using, as you say, Node.addMixin(String) followed by session.save(),
sorry for not making that clear initially.

I initially mentioned this in case it had any bearing on the problem of the mixin not being
recognized by the importer.

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:23:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: Unable to import content using mixins
> From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com
> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Paul
> Skinner<shedloadsofbeer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The version of JackRabbit is the released version of 1.6.0
> > I have not tried the workspace importXML.
> > It is the same system used and there are no changes to the node types between export
and import.

> > It is probably worth mentioning that the mixins were all added to the nodes at runtime,
and are therefore not actually specified within the node type definitions.
> what do you mean by "not actually specified within the node type definitions"?
> all node types need to be registered beforehand once.
> if you add a mixin by calling Node.addMixin(String), you have to call
> save() in order to persist the change.
> if you can provide a simple test case (.cnd file with your custom node
> types and a java test case) i'll have a look.
> cheers
> stefan

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.