jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: FileDataStore vs DatabaseDataStore
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:52:35 GMT
Hi,

> I thought the DataStore works together with the persist manager, just as
> optional storage used for large binaries.

Yes it does. You can use any DataStore implementation with any
PersistenceManager implementation. See also:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

> I think I've to look at it a little bit closer, would be nice to have an
> repository with less files and ruggedly designed file storage :-).

I believe the FileDataStore is a "ruggedly designed file storage". If
you want less files, you could increase the minRecordLength setting
(in which case more data is stored in the persistence manager).

> What about Day Software's CRX tar persistence manager?
> Wasn't it append only and recently released as open source?

Yes, it's append only, but not (yet) open source. See also:
http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/tarpm.html

Regards,
Thomas