jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Calculate total disk usage by workspace
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:23:03 GMT
Hi,

> Is there any way to query for all files and file sizes stored via that
> specific workspace?

No. Files could be referenced in multiple workspaces.

> We could then total up the size of all of the files to estimate total disk
> space used.

Currently there are no 'back-links' from the object to where it's
used, so you would have to iterate over all nodes (like the garbage
collector does). One idea is to calculate the data store size used by
each workspace, and distribute the cost based on this. This is not
'fair' for workspaces that only use objects also used by others versus
workspaces that don't, but it may be good enough.

Regards,
Thomas