jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to import content using mixins
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:16:15 GMT
hi paul

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Paul Skinner<shedloadsofbeer@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi stefan,
>
> I meant that the cnd file to generate the custom_nodes.xml contained, for example, the
following snippet, but the mixin (MyPrefix:MyMixin) was not used by the node type definition
(MyPrefix:MyNodeType) at this stage.

>  [MyPrefix:MyMixin] > nt:base
>    mixin
>    - 'MyPrefix:Name' (String)
>      mandatory copy
>
>  [MyPrefix:MyNodeType] > nt:base, mix:lockable, mix:referenceable, mix:versionable
>    - 'MyPrefix:Description' (String)
>      version
>    + * (MyPrefix:MyChild)
>      = MyPrefix:MyChild
>      copy
>
> Instead it was used at runtime using, as you say, Node.addMixin(String) followed by session.save(),
sorry for not making that clear initially.

no problem, thanks for the clarification.

i ran a quick test using your node types. everything worked as expected.

if you can reproduce the issue please create a jira issue and provide a
simple test case which demonstrates the problem. i'll then further investigate.

cheers
stefan

> I initially mentioned this in case it had any bearing on the problem of the mixin not
being recognized by the importer.

>> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:23:10 +0200
>> Subject: Re: Unable to import content using mixins
>> From: stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com
>> To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Paul
>> Skinner<shedloadsofbeer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The version of JackRabbit is the released version of 1.6.0
>> > I have not tried the workspace importXML.
>> > It is the same system used and there are no changes to the node types between
export and import.

>> > It is probably worth mentioning that the mixins were all added to the nodes
at runtime, and are therefore not actually specified within the node type definitions.