jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrass...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found ...
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:59:42 GMT
Actually I am using an altered version of the SpringModule JackRabbitSessionFactory, I've solved
the problem by downcasting the NodeTypeManager to NodeTypeManagerImpl in order to have access
to the .registerNodeTypes(resource.getInputStream(), contentType, true) method that takes
a boolean argument.
More info : http://jira.springframework.org/browse/MOD-470

doees not seems to be JackRabbit problem ... my mistake

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Brasseur <nicolasbrasseur@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 11:39:40 PM
Subject: ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition found ...

I've recently switched to JackRabbit 1.6. And I think that since that switch I am unable to
modify my node types definitions anymore.

For instance if I add a simple property definition like the following in a ndoe type definition:

    <propertyDefinition name="jbb:title3"      requiredType="Boolean"  autoCreated="false"
mandatory="true" onParentVersion="COPY" protected="false" multiple="false" />

I get the following stacktrace:

Caused by: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property definition
found for {http://www.foo.com/bb}title3
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.EffectiveNodeType.getApplicablePropertyDef(EffectiveNodeType.java:768)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getApplicablePropertyDefinition(NodeImpl.java:905)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getOrCreateProperty(NodeImpl.java:412)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getOrCreateProperty(NodeImpl.java:383)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:2487)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelper.storeSimpleField(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:268)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl.SimpleFieldsHelper.storeSimpleFields(SimpleFieldsHelper.java:230)

If I completely drop the repository the problem does not happen anymore ... but that's not
an option.

thanks for your help

View raw message