jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@netenviron.com>
Subject Re: Rule engine to restrict access to content.
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:26:54 GMT
2009/9/22 Sunil Dhage <sunil.dhage@coreobjects.com>:
> Hi,
> I was searching for some rule based frameworks so as to restrict the access to the content.
 I have went through nabble, googled and many more.
> I could read about sling, webdav,etc.  But my requirement is I need some rules, which
should govern the access rights to the content and those should be configurable.

> If somebody had a similar hit, please provide your inputs.

Maybe this post might be of help;
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg12371.html

'I found more suitable for my application to store the access rights
on the role instead of nodes. This approach is named "Capability
Model".'

Maybe his approach doesn't meet your requirements, but you might use
his implementation as a template for one of your own.

--
-Tor