jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vijay <vijay2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need help in nt:file
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:00:06 GMT
Thanks Dennis, I think i would go for mixin option... thanks for the information will try to
do this... now...

Regards

- Vijay

________________________________
From: Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.laan@rug.nl>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:15:08 PM
Subject: Re: Need help in nt:file

Vijay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i wanted to know if i can have nt:file inside nt:file. if yes how and what config i should
be changing? right now it is not allowing me to update...
> Caused by: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no definition found in parent
node's node type for new node: no matching child node definition found for

> The reason for me to do this... is that... I have the main document in jcr:content, where
as i want to store the xml version of that file into this node name.... when there is a webdav
call it will be something like....
> test.com/test/core/S/xjkdfvfnklvndf/ch1.doc/xmldoc.xml will provide the xml version of
the document... where as test.com/test/core/S/xjkdfvfnklvndf/ch1.doc will provide the document.

If your jcr:content node inside your documents is of type
nt:unstructured, you could add the file node as a child of your
jcr:content node (the node having the jcr:data node, which contains the
binary data of the file contents). So your webdav call would then be
something like

test.com/test/core/S/xjkdfvfnklvndf/ch1.doc/jcr:content/xmldoc.xml

if that's okay with you.
The other way, I think, is by adding a mixin-type to your ch1.doc which
gives it it's child property of type nt:file.

Hope this helps,
Dennis van der Laan