jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit, Sling, JCR, Servlets learning path
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:02:09 GMT
Probably the best thing to do, if you cant find the answer in
documentation is to subscribe to dev@sling.apache.org and ask the
question there.

But here are some quick pointers:

There are several answers to your question.

1. query the REST URL for the purpose from a client (e AJAX)

eg if your folder is a /testfolder then GET http://host/testfolder.2.json
   will list the contents and properties of all child nodes. The 2
says go down 2 levels.

2. Sling is based on resources, requests are bound to resources so
that a request.getResource() will give you a Resource. *If* the
Resource happens to be a JCR Node then the resource can be adapted to
a node with Node myNode = resource.adaptTo(Node.class); From there on
you can use the javax.jcr.* API (JSR-170, JSR-283) to get information
about the nodes. I would recommend you skim read at first  the JSR-170
spec and possibly the JSR-283 spec to understand about how javax.jcr.*
works.

3. In ESP and the other scripting languages there is a variable
already there "currentNode" that is the current node the script is
bound to.

currentNode.getNodes() will give you a NodeIterator to all child nodes
of a parent node

HTH
Ian