jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export in UTF-16
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:16:46 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Antony Xerich
<antony.xerich@n-house.org.ua> wrote:
> We are interested in Jackrabbit 2.0. As for the spec ยง7.8, UTF-16
> should be supported.

The spec says that the repository should use either UTF-8 or UTF-16
for the export: "XML streams produced by export must be encoded in
UTF-8 or UTF-16 as per the XML specification."

Jackrabbit uses UTF-8.

> But how can we export a subgraph in UTF-16 encoding?
> Where to define to use UTF-16 instead of -8?

Instead of passing an OutputStream to the export method, you can give
it an org.xml.sax.ContentHandler instance that uses whatever encoding
you like to serialize the XML export.

BR,

Jukka Zitting