jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing JCR_ETAG constant in JCR 2.0
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:21:55 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Philipp Bunge <buge@crimson.ch> wrote:
> Sorry for misusing this list, but I just noticed that the current
> pre-release of the JCR 2.0 API lacks the constants for the etag mixin
> and type. Concretely these should be:
> [...]
> Does anybody know why these are missing?

The missing constants were noticed too late and will unfortunately not
be included in JCR 2.0. The full list of constants mentioned in the
spec but not included as Java constants is:

    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}activityTitle
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}addChildNode
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}availableQueryOperators
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}childVersionedHistory
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}etag
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}isFullTextSearchable
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}isQueryOrderable
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}isQueryable
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/mix/1.0}etag
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0}share
    {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0}versionLabels

For now (until JCR 2.1 is out) it's recommended that you simply define
these constants in your own application in case you need them. We
should probably also make these constants available in jackrabbit-api
and/or jackrabbit-jcr-commons.

BR,

Jukka Zitting