jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption configuration in jackrabbit
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:26:23 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Vijay Katariya<katariyavijay@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I create a new user with the following code
>
> UserManager userManager = session.getUserManager();
> User user = (User)userManager.getAuthorizable("user1");
>  if (user == null)
>      user = userManager.createUser("user1", "user1");
>
> It makes an entry in "security_bundle" table in a encrypted format.

The value is not encrypted, it's just the binary representation of the
internal node bundle that Jackrabbit creates to store information
about the new user.

> How can i see the decrypted value?

By logging in to the "security" workspace. You can access the stored
user information programmatically through the JCR API or manually
using one of the JCR browsers out there.

> Where one would be making the configuration changes if any?

The preferred way to control account information is to use the
security API in JCR 2.0.

BR,

Jukka Zitting