jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM support for JackRabbit 1.6
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:50:33 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Ben Short<ben@benshort.co.uk> wrote:
> Has the OCM support been dropped from JackRabbit version 1.6? I can see it
> in the 1.5 svn branch but not the 1.6 svn branch.

The OCM component was moved outside Jackrabbit trunk along with other
components that depend only on the standard JCR API. These "JCR
Commons" components can be found under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ and they also
have their own issue trackers like
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OCM. Our plan is to make this
information more prominently available at
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/commons/.

With this separation we can release OCM 1.6 and other future versions
independent of the main Jackrabbit release cycle. For now the latest
stable OCM version is the 1.5.3 version that you can find on Maven
central.

Please let us know if there are some specific fixes or new features
you'd like to see in a new OCM release, so we know to start planning
for the next release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting