jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.l...@rug.nl>
Subject Nodes not returned in query when indexing?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:38:38 GMT
Hi,

I believe file nodes get 'hidden' somehow when their contents get indexed.
I create a file in a repository, and set a custom property 'myns:id' on
the jcr:content node. Directly after creating the file, I perform an
XPath query retrieving the file node based on the id-property.
Sometimes, especially with (larger) PDF-files, the node can not be found
by this id-property.

I changed my code, by executing the query over and over again and
waiting for 2 seconds between each try. Eventually the node is returned,
mostly after 4-6 seconds (so 2 to 3 tries). In the log file, when the
query does not return the node, I see the message "MultiIndex: updating
index with 1 nodes from indexing queue. (MultiIndex.java, line 1210)",
letting me believe the node is somehow hidden or locked when it is being
indexed.

I have seen this behavior when using a direct repository and when using
RMI. It happens when using a local filesystem and when using a database
store, with Java Derby and with Oracle 10.

My questions:
- Is this 'normal' behavior or is it a bug?
- How can I prevent this? Would it e.g. help if I exclude the
id-property from being indexed, or will the complete jcr:content node be
hidden when the jcr:data property is being indexed?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis van der Laan